You’ve already set goals, but how do you ensure you’re on track to reach them? GridPoint’s three-dimensional data helps actively track savings so you know exactly which goals you’re accomplishing and where you may need to improve.
- Granular Data. Granular data comes from individual equipment like an HVAC unit, lights, or refrigeration. It also includes environmental data like outside temperature, CO2, and humidity.
- Real-Time Data. The data is collected in real-time so that customers can dial into each site for issue identification, troubleshooting, and repair validation instantly.
- Historical Data. GridPoint begins with a baseline, and continuously collects and stores data over a long period of time to create a rich, historical view for data trending, reporting, and analytics.
GridPoint ties customer baseline energy consumption data to the IPMVP empirical model to weather-normalize trends. This means GridPoint can accurately calculate the solution’s kWh reduction and validate its savings over time.
On top of validating hard savings, GridPoint’s Energy Advisory Services team combs through millions of data points daily to catch any facility issues a site may be experiencing individually or on an enterprise level. We call these issues exceptions. Quickly identifying and correcting these exceptions keep sites running safely, and keeps you on track to meet your goals. Some exceptions include the following:
- HVAC exceptions – Noting recurring issues and performing preventative maintenance to reduce a prolonged negative impact on building operation.
- Lighting exceptions– Minimizing unnecessary lighting consumption by use of control schedules and photo sensors
- Refrigeration exceptions – Maintaining health and food safety temperature compliance
- Water heater exceptions – Safeguarding water temperatures to decrease the likelihood of waterborne bacteria (i.e. legionnaires disease)
- Power outages – Notifying customers of outages, especially related to extreme weather storms (i.e. hurricanes, blizzards, flooding)
- Voltage Imbalances – Notifying customers of high voltage imbalances, which can have a negative impact on motors. Customers can then notify the utility to resolve the issue
Keep Momentum Going
GridPoint’s solution is designed to drive savings continuously over time. Our data-driven approach has been proven superior through years of experience in eliminating waste and providing energy savings across many different businesses and building types. GridPoint believes customization is key, and each customer is paired with a solution package that best fits their needs and goals. Of course, those needs and goals can change as a business develops, and GridPoint’s technology can be easily modified to support those future objectives as well.
Jack French | Senior Manager, Energy Analytics
Jack French holds a leadership role at Gridpoint developing the Site Acceptance and Proactive Monitoring teams. His experience spans multiple disciplines including data validation, advanced analytics, measurement & verification, customer engagement, and control optimization.